Volunteer With West Parry Sound CSS
West Parry Sound District CSS volunteers keep the Parry Sound District community safe, and provide much needed independence and quality of life services to our local seniors.
Our Volunteers are the heart of CSS.
CSS has played a key role in volunteerism in Parry Sound District since 1987. Our volunteers are well informed, resourceful and kind. Their actions keep our community safe, secure and full of pride. Why do people volunteer for CSS?
Our volunteers make a difference, have fun, make friends and become engaged in the community!
As a CSS volunteer, what do I offer to the community?
- Your valuable time;
- You have a skill and/or talent to share
- You have personal experience and resources to share;
- You like connecting with people;
- You want to make your neighbourhood a better place to live;
- You want to be a part of a team and seek to achieve personal growth;
- You believe you can make a difference for someone.
What do CSS volunteers do?
- Meals on Wheels – deliver meals to frail, elderly, isolated people living in their own homes;
- Volunteer Transportation – Providing door through door rides for individuals who need transportation to life sustaining and life enhancing activities: medical appointments, shopping and other essential personal appointments;
- Community liaison planning neighbourhood programs, services and activities; bringing CSS to your local community;
- Host, set-up, clean-up, serve at Lunch & Learn and Diners Clubs;
- Lead activities;
- Short-term advocacy and committee work for special projects;
- Friendly Visiting with people in the community who may be lonely and isolated.
Your Time Commitment
We recognize your time is valuable. We will work with your availability to develop a volunteer schedule that suits your needs.
How do I volunteer?
Contact our office via the form below, and we will arrange a time for an interview, and provide you with an application form to complete.
Our application process includes a Vulnerable Sector Check.