Friendly Visiting is a program that matches Parry Sound District seniors with volunteers for regular at-home visits or planned outings.
Why Join This Program?
For West Parry Sound District seniors, friendly visiting maintains your connection to the community, facilitates your access to social services, and provides educational and social opportunities. For volunteers, Friendly Visiting offers the opportunity to cultivate lasting friendship, to learn from a senior’s life experiences and to benefit from the personal satisfaction derived from being a volunteer.
Friendly Visiting leads to the creation of meaningful relationships between the seniors and the volunteers, which will promote inter-generational understanding. Friendly Visiting connects you to your community, expands your horizons and provides a variety in your routine.
Benefits for Seniors
- Mental and physical stimulation which can improve physical, cognitive and emotional health
- New experiences and activities to look forward to
- Contributing to the Parry Sound District community by sharing wisdom, knowledge, talents and stories.
Friendly Visiting Activities
- Attend Movie Night or Afternoon of Games
- Diner’s Club & or Lunch & Learn
- Attend exercise classes or Crock Pot Lessons together
- Coffee or lunch outings