Seniors Free Exercise
Stay Independent and strong it is never too late to start exercising.
About the Exercise Program
Funding for the East and West Parry Sound District seniors exercise programs is received through the Stay on Your Feet Falls Prevention, North East Local Health Integration Network from the Ministry of Health and Long term Care. West Parry Sound District Community Support Services (CSS) is the host agency for the funding and partners with the Stay on Feet Coalition, North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit and the West Parry Sound Health Centre to provide up-to-date, safe and fun exercise classes.
The exercise classes aim to improve: agility, balance, coordination and increase strength and range of movement .
- Free classes are led by community volunteers
- Classes are designed for seniors
- Low impact and gentle fitness
- Stand or sit
- Fun and friends
- Contact Us To Sign Up
Volunteer Exercise Leader
We're always pleased to accept new volunteers for our exercise programs. Please visit our Volunteers page to leave how to get started!
Where are classes located?
Who do I contact?
List of classes:
- Rosseau, Ruth Dare Clinic, 17 Victoria Street, Contact Person: Susan Sanger, 705-732-6289
- Parry Sound, PS YMCA, 36 Smith Crescent, Contact Person: Peter Bertrand, 705-746-0511
- McKellar, McKellar Community Centre, Contact Person: Patty Eaton, 705-389-9649
- Carling, Carling Community Centre, Contact Person: Margaret Lloyd, 705-342-1701
- Orrville Orrville Community Centre, Contact Person: Magda Tarko, 905-220-6494
- Seguin, Humphrey Community Centre, Contact Person: Magda Tark, 905-220-6494
- Dunchurch, Dunchurch Community Centre, Contact Person: Barb Bennent, 705-389-9828
- Parry Sound, Belvedere Heights Auditorium, Contact Person: Linda Taylor, 705-746-5602
Click onto our calendar for current exercise schedule.